Saturday, January 2, 2010

The 2010 National Hockey League Winter Classic!




So I got the call the other day from a friend in Jersey that there was a free extra ticket to the NHL's 2010 Winter Classic with my name on it. Needless to say I jumped on the chance to go. The game was a lot of fun and was first class in every respect. It was incredible to watch a hockey game at a classic venue like Fenway Park. Below are some pictures and videos from the day.

The view from my seat:



The view to the right:


The game as it started to get dark:


The military marching on and other pregame festivities:


The "Green Monstah":


The view to the left of my seat:

First video is the street outside Fenway about an hour prior to game time. Needless to say it was crazy out there.

Next video is a quick view of what the stadium was like pregame.

Next is the Philadelphia Flyers getting a warm welcome from the Boston faithful.

Last video was the military guys marching on to the field to Dropkick Murphy's live performance of "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" which was pretty sweet.

No comments: