Monday, August 3, 2009

BadskiBlog Officially Moves To Beantown!


That's right. Heidi, Otis and I have arrived in Boston and are currently living in an extended stay hotel until we can move into our new place. Things have been in whirlwind mode the last few weeks and the last few days have been absolutely crazy, but we have finally arrived. We will definitely miss the dirty Jerz but are excited to settle in here in Boston for the next couple years. I apologize for the lack of posts but between the move and becoming a landlord it has been really tough to carve out some time to blog.

One quick thought though. Showing up to work today and moving up here really put into perspective how much we take for granted on a day to day basis and how much of what we do is formed around habit. When you move, everything is a struggle. Whether it is finding your new office or finding gas, everything is unfamiliar and takes a concerted effort. I have been feeling that way with my rental property for the last month or two and although it is challenging and uncomfortable it is a great learning opportunity nonetheless. Shoot me an email or give me a call if you are in Boston.

No comments: