Monday, February 16, 2009

Badski's Consumer Report


Rogue Dead Guy Ale - We all love to bitch about bad service, bad products and the miserable experiences we have had as consumers. However, I have been inspired by Ashton Kutcher's I pledge campaign (insert sarcastic laugh here and check out my post on the I pledge campaign) to be a better citizen so I have decided to start a new segment on my blog that highlights outstanding experiences I have had as a consumer. So welcome to Badski's Consumer Report!

It's ironic that I discovered an Oregon micro-brew almost three years into a stint living in the Greasy State aka New Jersey after living in Oregon for 18 years. But let me tell you, I am glad that I came across this beauty barley pop. 

Rogue describes Dead Guy Ale as a beer "In the style of a German Maibock, using our proprietary Pacman ale yeast. Deep honey in color with a malty aroma and a rich hearty flavor." I am far from a beer snob/tech drinker so I cannot get to in depth in describing every subtle flavor and nuance of this great beer, but rest assured Dead Guy is more than just a cool name. I would say the key statistics are as follows: smooth, rich, flavorful, 9%. A great beer for eating alongside a nice home cooked meal or the classic college circus. Hit up the Rogue website here and go get yourself a Draft, 22oz Bottle, Six Pack, or my personal favorite the 64oz Growler!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, it's made it Portland! We visited it the morning of your wedding. True story.

Matt Bader said...

They are actually out of Newport but I know what you are talking about. They have like a restaraunt brewery type deal in Portland. Great beer. I am looking forward to that guest blog entry.
Matt