Monday, February 9, 2009

The slippery slope....


Click this link to read a great cynical open letter to Hollywood regarding their pledge to Obama. Anyone who has seen this add campaign must surely see the humor in this letter. The "I Pledge" celebrity commercials are the most self absorbent crock I have ever seen. Of no surprise to me there have been an overwhelming amount of spoof videos popping up on YouTube as well. I think this article does a great job at pointing out the paradox in most celebrity speak versus celebrity action. They are all about talking about helping those in need.....but what happens when someone else needs your money! What happens when the government starts judging your needs against those of others. My, what a slippery slope it becomes. See my other posts regarding stimulus for a nice super-sized opinionated piece on government deciding who NEEDS what. Or just read the greatest book of all time, Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand for an overview of objectivism.




No comments: