Thursday, April 9, 2009

Article and Blog Addition



I have been giving a new blog a test drive and it has definitely passed my trial run. The blog I am referring to is entitled Get Rich Slowly. Not only is the author from the coolest state ever....Oregon, his posts are extremely well thought out and in line with my financial beliefs.

Check out this post for a sampling of the kind of insight this blog can provide. I know I keep referencing back to my definition of rich in the majority of my posts, but its like that old game slug bug where you punch your buddy in the arm every time you see a VW bug. Now that I have defined my definition I keep coming across pieces of work that reaffirm what I have come to believe. I might have to read the book he is referencing in this post as it probably has some great information to strengthen my beliefs towards wealth.

I like to make concepts into little memorable sayings, almost like a famous quote except I am far from famous. I guess it is my way of replicating that matter of fact truism effect that quotes have. My quote for the concept of living your life and enjoying not only the end state but the journey is, "always content; never satisfied." I try to tell myself to live that way. I try to always be happy but always want more for my life. Kind of new age-y as the Get Rich Slowly post would say but good words to live by. Enjoy the post and the new addition to the blogs that I follow.

1 comment:

sawyer said...

funny...i am on the get rich slowly plan myself....but I am going w/ the really slow approach as you could already tell...