Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cool Quotes


I have always wanted to make a journal of quotes but have never been disciplined enough to start one. I always end up forgetting the quotes or not knowing who said what. Now that I started this blog and started carrying around my nerdy 3 x 5 notepad and pen in my pocket I feel like I have the means to start collecting quotes. Here is my first set of quotes that I have collected from numerous sources. Everywhere from word of mouth, to the inside a restaurant bathroom, and even off a beer bottle. There is something special about quotes and their ability to present a solid message that transcends all situations and all people. They serve a words of wisdom that give us insight into the way we should live our lives. I would love to have people add great quotes in the comments sections to build up our repertoire of quality quotations. Enjoy.

"Good people drink good beer." - Hunter S. Thompson

"I'd rather be the commander of an outhouse than the number two at the White House." - An Air Force leader whose name and status I couldn't remember. (Quote is likely off as well but the leadership message remains intact)

"Ambition is the last refuge of failure." - Oscar Wilde

"Procrastination is the thief of time." - Edward Young

"Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well." - Philip Dormer Stanhop

"Things don't change, we change." - Henry David Thoreau

3 comments:

Eternal Stench said...

(On political parties) "I'm for the guy who's in favor of bigger beers and wider sidewalks." - Myron Swanson

Unknown said...

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none."
-William Shakespeare, "All's Well That Ends Well"

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."
-George S. Patton

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
-Benjamin Franklin

Those are the best ones that I can think of right now. Almost everything Patton has ever said could be on your list though.

Matt Bader said...

Beauties!