Thursday, March 26, 2009

Masks Collapse

I read Ben Casnocha's blog quite often and I think I enjoy reading his blog because he seems like a pretty normal dude that writes about a lot of different topics. In the short time I have been blogging, all the articles I have read have doused me with advice to focus your blog on one target niche, but my life isn't one focused area. I am interested in a lot of things, hence my blog encompasses a lot of things. He does the same thing, although I would argue much better than I do.

I came across this post of his today and I found it pretty interesting. He talks about how we put on different masks depending on who we are interacting with, and what professional or personal situations we are in. He argues that technology is driving us to ditch our masks as our personal and professional lives become more intertwined.

I wrote a related post on my initial resistance to blogging and the repercussions of forming Internet footprint. I eventually concluded that I had nothing to hide and attributed my change of heart to growing older and progressing as a person. I found it very interesting that Ben placed more emphasis on technology. Interesting theory that I am sure holds some weight. Check out his blog.

No comments: