Friday, June 12, 2009

The Stanley Cup


The Pittsburgh Penguins are the Stanley Cup Champions. No matter how many times I see the Stanley Cup presented I am amazed at how special it is. Having worked my entire life to reach the level of hockey that I did, I can only imagine the feeling of accomplishment at having won the world's most coveted trophy. The trophy is the embodiment of what our great game is all about; hard work, dedication, adversity, and passion. Even if you do not watch the game of hockey you have to see a Stanley Cup presentation. It truly is a sight to see watching the joy and camaraderie of the players who carry it above their heads as they take a victory lap around the ice. It is that pure moment of joy that is what hockey, sports, and life in general is all about.

No comments: